Are you ready to participate in the biggest Model United Nations on behalf of the Erasmus University Rotterdam?
Each year, fourteen highly motivated ESSB students are given the opportunity to participate in the National Model United Nations (NMUN) in New York. The conference in New York is the biggest Model United Nations existing, with more than 5000 students participating from all over the world. During the conference every delegation will represent an interesting Member state assigned to them. Currently, applications are open for the 2020 delegation!
Leading up to the conference, there are 6 months where delegates will develop diplomatic skills under the guidance of two experienced former delegates and various guest speakers. The preparations consist of weekly trainings on Tuesday evenings. During these trainings, there is special attention to negotiating, public speaking and lobbying. These skills are developed on the basis of inspiring guest speakers and carefully prepared trainings. Moreover, the delegates become part of an amazing group of friends!
To apply, make sure that;
- You are a fulltime student at the Erasmus School of Behavioral and Social Science;
- You are able to attend the weekly trainings on Tuesday;
- You are highly motivated to participate in the project and willing to invest 5-15 hours on a weekly basis;
- You are able to attend the interview evenings on either 18 or 19 September 2019 at 19:00;
- You are able to attend a twoweek trip to Washington D.C. and New York. (20 March 2020 – 3 April 2020) You will be exempted from classes during this period
- You are aware that the participation costs will be around 750, . This includes the flight and stay in the United States;
Motivated to learn diplomatic skills and motivated to act like a diplomat on the highest stage? Apply! Send your CV (max. 2 pages) and letter of motivation (max. 1 page) to email@example.com before 14 September 23:59 2019.
Want to know more about NMUN and this project, make sure to join our information evening on the 10th of September 2019 at 19:00.
For questions concerning NMUN, the application or the trainings, don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and check our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NMUNErasmusUniversity/
See you soon!
The NMUN Trainers and Board Representatives of 2019/2020
Sarina Verwijmeren – Trainer
Paul Hoynck van Papendrecht – Trainer
Ezra Klok – Board Representative
Amber Winter – Board Representative